Your opinion on white poppies

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
WHITE POPPIES FOR PEACE

My opinion is, well you can guess :mad:

The White Poppy symbolises the belief that there are better ways to resolve conflicts than killing strangers.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Tom_

Reaction score
It's a lovely ideal, isn't it? Perhaps a little naive. I've always loved this little tale when trying to explain to people why retaliation or intervention is neccessary:

1. Approach ignorant moron talking about "peace" and saying that there should be "no retaliation".
2. Engage in brief conversation; ask if military force is appropriate.
3. When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"
4. Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because this would just cause a vicious circle of more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."
5. When he's in mid sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.
6. When he is about to punch you back, point out that it would be a serious mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would "be causing a vicious circle of violence."
7. Wait until he agrees and pledges not to commit additional violence.
8. Punch him in the face again, harder this time. Repeat steps 5 through 8 until he understands that sometimes it is necessary to punch back.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
1. Approach ignorant moron talking about "peace" and saying that there should be "no retaliation".
2. Engage in brief conversation; ask if military force is appropriate.
3. When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"
4. Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because this would just cause a vicious circle of more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."
5. When he's in mid sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.
6. When he is about to punch you back, point out that it would be a serious mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would "be causing a vicious circle of violence."
7. Wait until he agrees and pledges not to commit additional violence.
8. Punch him in the face again, harder this time. Repeat steps 5 through 8 until he understands that sometimes it is necessary to punch back.

must try that some time..

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been asked twice now why im wearing a flower on my chest, *text deleted**text deleted*ing london for you, i reply with words to the same effect of...
"because my grandad died fighting so that in 60 years time you could ruin our capital city instead of it being bombed to *text deleted**text deleted* and your race being eradicated while we all eat bratwursts"..

not quite like that though, it was more like "oh how jolly nice of you to notice, its to remember all those considerate chaps who fought for this great country during the first and second world wars, now run along the bus is coming, make sure you drop your box of dixy chicken everywhere and write on the windows".

C

critchmufc

there can be no peace without war

i think thats a qoute

but its true

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think choosing to wear a white poppy instead of a red one to make some sort of statement is apalling and very disrespectful to all those who lost their lives serving our country and defending our freedom!

If they want to be anti-war etc whatever, then why can't they do it for the other 50 weeks of the year!:mad:? Not the one special occasion where we remember those have made and continue to make the ultimate sacrifice?

A key part of wearing a poppy is in donating money to raise funds for the Royal British Legion that supports the families of those killed/injured, and with the Iraq/Afghan conflicts still ongoing, it needs as much support as ever...

With 120+ british deaths in afghan, 176 in Iraq, plus probably tens of thousands coming back wounded, (best estimate of those injured in Iraq seriously enough to need casevac out of the country being over 7,000!) The last thing the Legion needs is for everybody to stop supporting the Poppy appeal....

:sad::cool:

C

critchmufc

i think they are idiots, there was no peace with the germans

it was, give us your country or die
your black..die
your a jew..die
your gay..die
your disabled..die

they were horrible

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are people really that disrespetdul to wear a white poppy?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Are people really that disrespetdul to wear a white poppy?

I'd say they are,
Remembrance day is to remember those who fought and died in war,
it's not a time for you to put forward your opinion of whether the wars were right or wrong,
it's a time to remember those who died for us and the rest of the world.

New Threads