Your weighted vest.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
RDX Weighted Vest, 10kg ?33 Amazon. Awsome, pretty comfy and good for doing situps/pressups/pullups with. definitely recommend.

S

stokey_14

Will be watching this thread closely as I think this might be my next purchase. Well after I make my self my 80 Kg sandbag for ?manbearcarrys?

Stokey

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Will be watching this thread closely as I think this might be my next purchase. Well after I make my self my 80 Kg sandbag for ?manbearcarrys?

Stokey
I also want something of the same things as I carmt train for carries and such.... How do you plan on doing this :idea:

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Stokey
There well good stokey, make the circuits much harder. The RDX vest is pretty comfortable doing most things to be honest. I've been doing the " Spartacus 3.0 " workout with RM exercises and it's pretty hard going. Squat jumps burpees are disgusting in it. I've yet to try it out doing hill sprints because im resting my shins for a week, covered way to much mileage last week. Can't wait to hit the hills with it.

S

stokey_14

I also want something of the same things as I carmt train for carries and such.... How do you plan on doing this :idea:

I?ve got a sandbag I made simply by getting:

Plastic Contractor/rubble bags (BnQ)
Tie wraps (BnQ)
Zip lock bags (Aldi)
a Hessian sack (free of a local shop)
sand (BnQ)

Measured out 2kg of sand into a zip lock bag, then double bagged that, did that 30 times and then chucked them into the tough plastic rubble bags, tie wrapped the end of that and triple bagged that making sure the opening where at opposing ends.

Then put that into the Hessian sack and used a few tie wraps to tie it all off.

Lasted me a few years of regular rough use.

This time I?m buying a cheep army duffle bag instead of the Hessian sack and wont be zip locking the sand. My initial reason behind zip locking was so I could alter the weight. However I never felt the need.

Stokey

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just about to invest in one of those RDX ones!!

Will review in a few weeks guys :)

Stoo2k

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mine was a long term investment which led to a spare tyre which i carry around with me. Certainly feel it on the workouts and BMF. :biggrin:

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
might be a stupid question but is 10kg alot of extra weight?

(feel free to ridicule me for this question haha)

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
might be a stupid question but is 10kg alot of extra weight?

(feel free to ridicule me for this question haha)
Average, not a huge ammount.

Think about comparing it to your bodyweight. Im ~90kg (give or take :p) so 10kg is ~11% of my total bodyweight.

The heaviest weight vests usually come in at about 40lbs or roughly 20kg.

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah fair play, well im only 70kg and i want to improve on my sit push and pull ups so i think ill buy one and try it out haha...whats the worst that could happen....